Certified translations of university degrees

Published on 25/08/2021

You often need to translate your academic certificate, for example if you want to work or study abroad. The same applies if you are a foreigner and want to do this in a secific country.

If you are looking for a professional translation, request your quote now. Remember to send us front and back of your diploma.

Read this article to find out everything you need to know about the translation of your academic certificate.

The certified translation of academic certificates is a translation with legal value, which is to be presented before public offices.

This is not a complex process, but it is a delicate matter. A poor or incomplete translation may result in the rejection of the receiving institution. You would then have to start all over again, which will probably involve additional costs and a general waste of time.

To avoid this, I will tell you everything you need to know about translating your university degree in this article.

1. Who will ask for a certified translation of my university degree?

Certified translation of my academic certificate

To verify your qualifications, employers abroad often ask for a translation of your university diploma.

This is also common if you want to continue your studies at a foreign university. The same applies if you want to work in a country as a foreigner.

2. Who can provide certified translations of university degrees?

Certified translation of university degrees

As already mentioned, the translation of a university degree is a sworn translation. By the way, this also applies to any other official document. This means that it must bear the stamp and signature of a certified or sworn translator. These translators are normally appointed by a higher governmental body.

You can hire a certified translator or a professional translation agency. If you need the translation at very short notice, I recommend that you turn to a professional translation agency. Normally, those are more flexible and hand over the job to qualified translators. The working relationship has usually been going on for a long time and you can trust the service.

3. Do I need to translate the front and back of my diploma?

Translate the front and back of diplomas

If you have got this far, you already know that you need a certified translation for your degree. Now you may be asking yourself: Is translating the back of a diploma necessary?

The answer is yes. One should always translate everything. Why? Because the back of a degree often contains important information, whether from a university or not.

It is possible that the receiving institution in the destination country will reject the translation as incomplete. We therefore strongly recommend to translate both sides.

4. What other documents would you like to translate?

Translate another document

Normally, in addition to the university degree other academic documents are required by the competent body. 

I have prepared a list of documents that you may need to present before public bodies in your destination country. If you translate all documents at once,you can save yourself a lot of headaches. We recommend to have the following academic documents translated:

  • Academic transcript

It is very common to submit a certified  translation of transcripts of records together with the university degree. The transcript is a document issued by the university and which contains extensive and relevant information.

  • Curriculum vitae

CV translation is practically obligatory if you want to look for a new job abroad. There is nothing like a good translation to convey a professional image.

  • Master's degree

In addition to your Bachelor's degree, you may also need to have your Master's degree translated. This is useful to complete your academic qualification profile.

5. How to get a quote for the translation of my academic certificate?

Translation of academic certificates

A high-quality translation is extremely important. Especially when it comes to certified translations of academic documents.

Here you will find a step-by-step guide for your quote. Whether you need an accurate translation of your degree or other academic documents.

  • Contact us here to request a quote.
  • Scan both sides of the document and send it to us. You can also send us a photo with good resolution. It‘s necessary to see the complete document correctly in order to avoid omissions.
  • Indicate by when you would like to have the document translated.
  • Please indicate your address too. This way we can deliver the certified translation via mail and electronically.

If you still have questions, please do not hesitate to request information.

Other articles you may be interested in:

Add new comment