Certified translation of a registration certificate

Published on 03/09/2021

If you have come to this blog, looking for prices for a certified translation of a registration certificate, you can simply request a free quote here. If you are looking for information, read on.

1. What is a registration certificate?

A registration certificate is an official document issued by an official body which records a person's place of residence.

Normally, when a person resides permanently in a place, he/she need to register in the local population register, which collects information all citizens in a given locality.

Therefore, a registration certificate will constitute reliable proof of residence in judicial or administrative procedures.

The registration certificate is a document issued by a duly authorised official body. It’s usually your local council.

Since it is an official document, the translation must also be official. What does this mean? Your translation must be done by a certified translator authorised by courts.

The translation of such documents musttherefore be signed and stamped by an official translator.

2. When do I need a registration certificate and how do I get it?

2.1 When do I need a registration certificate?

In almost all EU countries you will be required to register after 3 months of residence. You can normally go to the local town hall, court or the police station, to register your residence.

Note that in some countries you may be required to report your residence upon arrival. You should always request country-specific information before arriving.

2.2 Which documents do I need to present?

You will always need a valid identity card or passport. Depending on the reason for you registration other documents must be presented in the official language of the country.

2.3 Additional documents

If you are an employee and residing in another country due to a new job, you need to present a certificate of employment or confirmation of recruitment. If you are a student, you need to present proof of enrolment at an approved educational establishment.

If you are a pensioner, you need to present proof of being able to support yourself without needing income support from an source.

3. When do you need an official translation of you registration certificate?

There are many bureaucratic procedures and formalities that require a certified translation of registration certificates, if it’s not presented in the official language of the country where the documentation is to be submitted.

Normally, these procedures are, of course, directly linked to the ministries of foreign affairs.

The usual formalities for which a certified translation of registration certificates is required are:

  • Marriages with foreign nationals
  • Application for health insurance (national)
  • Application for a residence or work permit
  • Application for European health card
  • Obtaining a ID-card or passport
  • Sale of real estate
  • Applications for bank loans or mortgages
  • Adoption procedures
  • Divorce procedures
  • Visa applications
  • Enrolling your children in school or high school
  • Accessing social housing

Depending on the procedure, it may be necessary to have the document legalised (apostille) in addition to certifying the translation. To be on the safe side, it is best to check with the receiving office or institution.

4. What is a sworn translation?

For a translation to be legally valid, it must be signed and stamped by an official translator, recognised by a national court.

In this case, the translator acts as a notary, attesting the translation is an accurate and complete reproduction of the original text.

Certified translations must be complete, accurate and truthful. By complete, we refer to the fact that each and every original element, including stamps, seals, signatures, etc. need to be included.

5. How can I request a quote for a certified translation?

This is the easiest part. You only need to click here and we will send you a quote right away. If you still have any doubts or questions, or if you feel you need more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

We have the best professionals and extensive experience that will allow us to advise and guide you through the process.

Other articles you may be interested in:

Add new comment